Every society needs some type of ground rules, so I have created the 10 Commandments of Being a Mainer.
(Did I mention that I like lists?)
- Thou must take a spiritual pilgrimage to Acadia National Park to see the sun rise.
- Thou must consume a Sea Dog biscuit at least once in thy life.
- Thou must own at least one L.L. Bean product in thy house.
- Thou must consider lobster as a Maine staple.
- Thou must gather wild blueberries in Maine’s northern woods at least once in thy life.
- Thou must climb Mount Katahdin at least once in thy life.
- Thou must be enthralled in the beauty of the Maine loon.
- Thou must have at least one sighting of moose.
- Thou must savor the delicious taste of Maine clam chowder.
- Thou must find beauty among the harshest of Maine winters.